Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the
programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning of each fall and spring semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host an informational session for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the informational session to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Some positions require prerequisites or certifications.
Summer 2017 employment process is complete.
Campus Recreation Fall 2017 Hiring Timeline:
Sunday, August 20 @ 3:30pm-5pm OR Monday, August 21 @ 3:30-5pm – Job Fair (Mandatory) and Cover Letter and Résumé Writing Session
- The job fairs are in the Turner Center Lobby from 3:30pm-4:30pm on Sunday and Monday, meet some of our current staff and get employment information
- The cover letter and résumé sessions are in Turner Auditorium 205 from 4:30pm-5pm on Sunday and Monday, learn application writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques
- Attendance at one of the two job fairs is required, and the attendance at one of the cover letter and résumé sessions is highly recommended
Sunday, August 20 @ 5pm – Online Application Opens
- Applicants MUST attend one of the two job fairs to be considered for employment
- The link for the online application will only be emailed to those who attend one of the two job fairs
- Note: Students must be logged in to their go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application
Wednesday, August 23 @ 12pm – All Applications are Due Online
- Cover letter and résumé must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete
Sunday, August 27 & Monday, August 28 – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Sunday, August 27 or Monday, August 28
- Each group interview will consist of 4-6 applicants
Wednesday, August 30 – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews on Wednesday, August 30
- Some areas may require a practical component on this day or following second round interviews as well
Thursday, August 31 – All Hiring for Summer Semester Completed
TEAM CR Monthly Award Winners
Spring 2017 Banquet Award Winners
Star: Gretchen Edelman
Rising Star: Beth Sherbo
Star: Baylie Beebe
Rising Star: Paige Stolen
Star: Zach Britt
Rising Star: McKenzie Cavanaugh
Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs
Star: Anna Beavers
Rising Star: Ryley Blomberg
Star: Rachel Dennis
Rising Star: Sarah Pringle
Star: Meghan Geduldig
Rising Star: Emily Rose