2017-2018 Graduate Assistant Openings
Ole Miss Campus Recreation is looking to hire 4 new Graduate Assistants for the 2017-2018 academic year in the following areas:
- Facility Operations
- Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs
- Health Promotion
Detailed job descriptions and application information can be found on our Bluefishjobs posting – click here.
Student Employment with Campus Recreation
Click here to access the online application!
Note: Students must be logged in to their go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the
programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility
use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning of each fall and spring semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with these job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Campus Recreation Spring 2017 Employment Schedule:
Thursday, December 1 OR Thursday, January 19 4-6pm – Campus Recreation Job Fair @ Turner Center
- Applicants are encouraged to attend one of the job fairs to learn about the available employment opportunities
Tuesday, January 3 @ 12pm – Online Application Opens
- Click here to access the online application
- Note: Students must be logged in to their go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application
Friday, January 20, 4pm @ Turner Center Auditorium – Cover Letter and Résumé Writing Application Session
- Applicants may attend to learn about cover letter and résumé writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques
- This session is not required but highly recommended
Monday, January 23, 5pm – All applications are due online
- Cover letter and résumé must be uploaded to the online application in one merged PDF document for the application to be considered complete
Wednesday, January 25 through Friday, January 27 – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Wednesday, January 25, Thursday, January 26 or Friday, January 27
Monday, January 30 & Tuesday, January 31 – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews
- Some areas may require a practical component on this day or following second round interviews as well
Wednesday, February 1– All hiring for Spring semester completed
TEAM CR Monthly Award Winners
December part 2: RESPECT
Spring 2016 Banquet Award Winners
Mary Evelyn Webb
Star: Zach Howard
Rising Star: Daniel Hill
Star: Hailey Stewart
Rising Star: Alyssa Alkuino
Star: Kurt Pollack
Rising Star: Molly Jones
Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs
Star: Kyle Campbell
Rising Star: Wesley Bolton
Star: Hayden Edwards
Rising Star: Quentin Dornan
Star: Ali Delgado
Rising Star: Grace Ann Millerick