Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning of each fall and spring semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with these job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Campus Recreation Summer Employment Schedule
Tuesday, April 14, 4-6pm and Wednesday, April 15, 4-6pm – Campus Recreation Job Fair @ Turner Center
- Applicants MUST attend one of the job fairs to learn about the available employment opportunities.
- Applications are only available at the job fair.
Friday, April 17, 4pm @ Turner Center Auditorium – Cover Letter and Résumé Writing Application Session
- Applicants may attend to learn about cover letter and résumé writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques.
- This session is not required but highly recommended
Monday, April 20, 5pm – All applications are due at the Turner Center front desk
- Application form, cover letter, and résumé are due at the Turner Center front desk by 5pm.
Wednesday, April 22 – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews.
Friday, April 24 – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews.
Saturday, April 25 and Sunday, April 26 – Practical Component (if necessary)
- Some positions may require skill demonstration for the program area.
Monday, April 27 – All hiring for spring semester completed