Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning of each fall and spring semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with these job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Campus Recreation Fall 2016 Employment Schedule
Wednesday, August 24, 4-6pm and Thursday, August 25, 4-6pm – Campus Recreation Job Fair @ Turner Center
- Applicants MUST attend one of the job fairs to learn about the available employment opportunities.
- Applications are only available at the job fair.
Friday, August 26, 4pm @ Turner Center Auditorium – Cover Letter and Résumé Writing Application Session
- Applicants may attend to learn about cover letter and résumé writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques.
- This session is not required but highly recommended
Monday, August 29, 5pm – All applications are due at the Turner Center front desk
- Application form, cover letter, and résumé are due at the Turner Center front desk by 5pm.
Tuesday, August 30 & Wednesday, August 31 – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Tuesday, August 30 or Wednesday August 31.
Thursday, September 1 – Practical Component (if necessary)
- Some positions may require skill demonstration for the program area.
Thursday, September 1 & Friday, September 2 – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews.
- Some areas may require their practical component on this day as well.
Monday, September 5– All hiring for Fall semester completed
TEAM CR Award Winners:
December part 2: RESPECT
Spring 2016 Banquet Award Winners:
Mary Evelyn Webb
Star: Zach Howard
Rising Star: Daniel Hill
Star: Hailey Stewart
Rising Star: Alyssa Alkuino
Star: Kurt Pollack
Rising Star: Molly Jones
Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs
Star: Kyle Campbell
Rising Star: Wesley Bolton
Star: Hayden Edwards
Rising Star: Quentin Dornan
Star: Ali Delgado
Rising Star: Grace Ann Millerick