Graduate Assistant Position Openings
Health Promotion, RebelADE:
The Graduate Assistant will assist the Assistant Director for Health Promotion with the mandated evidence based alcohol and drug education and intervention (RebelADE) with students who have been sanctioned to the program via Office of Conflict Resolution and Student Conduct or City of Oxford Municipal Court. The Graduate Assistant will work within a structured program designed to provide quality experiences centered on academic performance, professional development, and social/personal achievement. The Graduate Assistant will also assist in maintaining communication with RebelADE participants (phone calls to set up meeting, reschedule missed appointments); continue research on health topics affecting college students; conduct final evaluations of RebelADE sessions; assist Health Educator with Student Health Fair; provide general administrative support as needed; contribution to departmental committees. Evening and weekend work will be required. Other duties may be assigned that assist the overall mission of the department.
Experience in social work, health promotion, or counseling OR degree seeking in aforementioned areas is required.
Erin Cromeans, Assistant Director for Health Promotion
Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the
programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility
use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning of each fall and spring semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host an informational session for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the informational session to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Campus Recreation Summer 2017 Hiring Timeline:
Thursday, April 6, 4pm-5pm – Employment Info Session and Cover Letter and Résumé Writing Session
- The info session is in the Turner Center Lobby from 4pm-4:30pm, meet some of our current staff and get employment information
- The cover letter and résumé session is in Turner Auditorium 205 from 4:30pm-5pm, learn application writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques
- These two sessions are not required, but both are highly recommended
Thursday, April 6, 6pm – Online Application Opens
- The online application link will be posted here when it goes live
- Note: Students must be logged in to their go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application
Monday, April 10, 5pm – All Applications are Due Online
- Cover letter and résumé must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete
Monday, April 17 & Tuesday, April 18 – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Monday, April 17 or Tuesday, April 18
- Each group interview will consist of 4-6 applicants
Thursday, April 20 & Friday, April 21 – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews on either Thursday, April 20 or Friday, April 21
- Some areas may require a practical component on this day or following second round interviews as well
Monday, April 24 – All Hiring for Summer Semester Completed
TEAM CR Monthly Award Winners
December part 2: RESPECT
Spring 2016 Banquet Award Winners
Mary Evelyn Webb
Star: Zach Howard
Rising Star: Daniel Hill
Star: Hailey Stewart
Rising Star: Alyssa Alkuino
Star: Kurt Pollack
Rising Star: Molly Jones
Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs
Star: Kyle Campbell
Rising Star: Wesley Bolton
Star: Hayden Edwards
Rising Star: Quentin Dornan
Star: Ali Delgado
Rising Star: Grace Ann Millerick