Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning of each fall and spring semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with these job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Campus Recreation Summer Employment Schedule
Wednesday, April 13, 4-6pm and Thursday, April 14, 4-6pm – Campus Recreation Job Fair @ Turner Center
- Applicants MUST attend one of the job fairs to learn about the available employment opportunities.
- Applications are only available at the job fair.
Friday, April 15, 4pm @ Turner Center Auditorium – Cover Letter and Résumé Writing Application Session
- Applicants may attend to learn about cover letter and résumé writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques.
- This session is not required but highly recommended
Monday, April 18, 5pm – All applications are due at the Turner Center front desk
- Application form, cover letter, and résumé are due at the Turner Center front desk by 5pm.
Tuesday, April 19 & Wednesday, April 20 – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Tuesday, April 19th or Wednesday April 20th.
Thursday, April 21 & Friday, April 22 – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews.
- Some areas may require their practical component on this day as well.
Sunday, April 24 – Practical Component (if necessary)
- Some positions may require skill demonstration for the program area.
Monday, April 25 – All hiring for Summer semester completed
Campus Recreation TEAM CR Award Winners:
Teamwork: Zak Keller (im/sc)
Excellence: Ben Collins (fitness)
Adaptability: Emily Howland (facilities)
Mentoring: Julia Sassen (aquatics)
Communication: Will Jordan (outdoors)
Respect: Allison Nooe (pro staff/ga’s)
Fall 2015 Banquet Award Winners:
Rising Star: Katrina Forsythe
Star: Bre Crosby
Rising Star: Que’Taurus Certion
Star: Joshua Ward
Rising Star: Ian Magandy
Star: Emily Cobb
Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs
Rising Star: Anna Beavers
Star: Colin Cody
Rising Star: Walker Burrow
Star: Caroline Battle
*Director’s Award: Caroline Mashburn