TURNER CENTER RECREATIONAL HOURS
The Turner Center is open throughout the year. The following schedules will provide information as to times it is open as well as closures.
- Fall 2015 Turner Center Hours of Operation
- December 2015 Turner Center Hours of Operation
- January 2016 Turner Center Hours of Operation
TURNER CENTER POLICIES
- Use by Non-Cardholders
- Rules & Regulations
- Turner Center Staff
- Special Programs and Services
- Loss/Stolen Campus Recreation Card
- Assumption of Risk
- Participant Conduct
- Department of Campus Recreation Caveat
- Rental Policies & Rates
Guests of Campus Recreation cardholders, participants attending a workshop and conference hosted by Ole Miss, members of the Ole Miss Parents Association and guests staying at The Inn at Ole Miss are eligible to use the Turner Center as provided in the following:
Authorized users are eligible to bring a maximum of two (2) guests with each visit to the facility. A $5 guest fee is payable at the Admissions Desk. Each sponsor and his/her guest(s) must completely read and sign a Guest Assumption of Risk and Release Form. The sponsor is responsible for all actions of his/her guest(s) and must remain in the same activity area at all times.
Workshops & Conferences
Individuals attending university-sponsored conferences and workshops may use the Turner Center for recreational purposes once prior arrangements are made between the sponsoring department/unit and the Department of Campus Recreation.
Ole Miss Parents Association (OMPA)
Parents who have joined the Ole Miss Parents Association (OMPA) may use the Turner Center by presenting their OMPA ID upon entry to the Turner Center. Members may use the facility during
- On-campus football games – eligible to use on Friday and Sunday (facility closed on game day)
- Parent Weekend – eligible to use Friday through Sunday
- Red/Blue Weekend – eligible to use Friday through Sunday
- Move in/out Weekend – eligible to use Friday through Sunday
- During Orientation dates, parents can use Turner with/without OMPA ID.
On dates other than those listed above, a member of OMPA may use Turner by paying the $5 guest fee. He/she must present current OMPA membership identification and pay the $5. We will waive our Guest clause stating that he/she must be accompanied by one who is authorized to use the facility.
The Inn at Ole Miss Guests
Guest staying at The Inn at Ole Miss may use the Turner Center by requesting a Turner Center Pass from the Registration Desk at The Inn. The $5 guest fee will be paid upon entry to the Turner Center.
At the Department of Campus Recreation (DCR), it is our objective to provide the best possible recreational opportunities for the university community through quality programming, services and facility management. To ensure this quality experience, we ask that each patron takes the responsibility to know and follow the Turner Center’s list of policies and procedures.
The DCR would like for you to read the following information. The information should answer various questions you might have regarding use of the Turner Center and other services available to Campus Recreation cardholders.
Entry/Exit to Turner Center
The Turner Center is a single entry/exit facility. Entry and exit must always be through front glass door on the north side of the building.
Use of the Turner Center is for academic and recreational purposes only. Private coaching and instruction for personal gain is not permitted unless approved through the Facility Rental Policies as determined by the Department of Campus Recreation.
Appropriate workout attire must be worn when using an activity area. Proper athletic shoes and clothing are required. Shirts must be worn at all times in all activity areas (exception: natatorium). Denim jeans are not permitted in the Fitness Center.
The use of bicycles, roller skates, roller blades and skate boards are prohibited in the Turner Center unless it is an approved activity.
- To use the Turner Center without a parent or adult supervision, the individual must be at least 16 years of age.
- Children under the age of 16 may use all activity areas provided he/she is accompanied by a parent or other adult. The exception to this is the Fitness Center. Children under the age of 16 will not be permitted in the Fitness Center with or without parent or adult supervision.
- A parent or adult supervisor must remain in the same activity area with child(ren) who are less than 12 years of age.
- Children 6 years of age and under may use the pool, but the parent or adult supervisor must be in the water with the child.
- Children over the age of 5 may not use the locker room facility of the opposite gender.
- Facilities may be closed and/or reservations canceled when warranted (special campus events, intramural sports, sport clubs, camps, maintenance, inclement weather and other events/factors determined by the DCR).
- During official university holidays and breaks, the Turner Center may have abbreviated hours or may be closed in its entirety. There are times we may have to close the facility or an activity area with little or no advance notice.
Food and tobacco products are not allowed in activity areas. Water or sports drinks must be in plastic containers and are permitted in certain activity areas.
The guest(s) of an authorized enrollee must keep the receipt with them while in the facility. If a Turner Center staff member requests to see the receipt, it must be presented.
The DCR does not issue parking permits. It is strongly recommended that individuals who do not have university-issued parking decals visit the Office of Parking and Transportation and purchase a special hangtag for Turner Center parking.
Pets, other than guide animals, are prohibited in the Turner Center.
Specific policies and regulations are posted at the activity areas and are to be adhered to. Verbal instructions from facility staff are for the safety and comfort of all Turner Center patrons and are to be strictly enforced.
The DCR staff wants to assist in making your recreational experience as safe and as enjoyable as possible. The staff is aware of the many and diverse needs and interests of those who enter into our programs and facilities. We hope we can provide assistance when needed and that all patrons will respect the rules, regulations and requests made by the staff. Most of the staff you will come into contact with while using the facility are Ole Miss students. As employees of the DCR and the university, these students are assigned roles of responsibility. Please work with them while participating in the programs or using the facility.
The DCR encourages your suggestions, comments, concerns and even compliments. If you have something you would like to “let us know about,” contact one of the building directors. They will give you the proper form to fill out. We will attempt to get back to you within 24 hours for a follow-up.
Campus Recreation cardholders are eligible to enroll in special programs and use certain services coordinated by the DCR. In certain cases, there is a discount in fees for cardholders. Programs such as Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs have participation rules established that do not extend to all Campus Recreation cardholders.
In the event the Campus Recreation card is loss/stolen, it is requested that the DCR be notified so the card can be canceled. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to request a new card from the DCR. There will be a $30 processing fee.
Please be aware that participation in physical activities involves a higher degree of risk than normal activities. You participate in recreation facilities and programs at your own risk and are encouraged to have a physical examination prior to participating. The Department of Campus Recreation and the University of Mississippi do not carry any insurance program to cover participants. Participation in any Campus Recreation program is on a voluntary basis. The University of Mississippi and the Department of Campus Recreation cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen property or injuries sustained while participating.
Participants are expected to exhibit proper conduct and respect the rights of others. Individuals who engage in unacceptable, unsafe or irresponsible behavior may have their access to the facilities revoked, modified and/or subjected to further university disciplinary action.
The Department of Campus Recreation, Division of Student Affairs or the University of Mississippi may at its sole discretion make such amendments to the rules and regulations, schedule of fees or facility hours at any time and from time to time, without prior notice or individual notice to each cardholder. Such amendments shall be binding for all cardholders.