Campus Recreation oversees and manages the following indoor and outdoor facilities: Turner Center, Turner Center Tennis Courts, and Blackburn-McMurray Outdoor Sports Complex. All reservation information provided pertains to rental/use of one or more of the above.
Campus Recreation reserves the right to refuse use to any group due to conflicts with upcoming events, field conditions, history of non-payment or history of abuse to facilities.
RESERVING CAMPUS RECREATION ACTIVITY AREAS
Any university affiliated group wishing to use any Campus Recreation facility must submit an online Facility Request Form indicating the dates and times related to your request. Organized activities other than those approved by the Campus Recreation office are prohibited.
Campus Recreation uses a hierarchical process for the reservation of our facilities:
- Campus Recreation programs
- Ole Miss student organizations (must be registered with the Dean of Students Office)
- Ole Miss affiliations (university departments/athletics)
Note: At this time, Campus Recreation can no longer accept third-party (non-University) reservations.
A submitted facility reservation request form does not guarantee approval of the request. You will receive an email within 7 days of the receipt of your request.
AFLEX AQAUTIC OBSTACLE COURSE
The following images show all of the Aflex Obstacle Course components.
- Start block, X-Out, Hurdle, Zig Zag, Overpass, Crater
- University Departments/Groups: Account transfer, cash, check, Visa or MasterCard are accepted.
- University Student Organizations: Account transfer, cash, check, Visa or MasterCard are accepted.
- Terms of the rental agreement and charges are subject to change by Campus Recreation.
- Please click here for our pricing grid.
- Pricing effective for reservations beginning July 2017.
- Groups recognized by the Dean of Students Office as Ole Miss student organizations will be permitted to request facility space from Campus Recreation.
- Campus Recreation does not reserve the Sport Club Fields through the online facility request form. Sports Club reservations must be made through Sport Club staff and will not be accepted through this reservation form.
- Reservations for events using non-Campus Recreation fitness instructors are prohibited, as we do offer fitness instructor services.
- Campus Recreation requires 7 days notice for all reservation requests. Any request not providing 7 days will only be considered if staff time permits. Summer camp reservations will be accepted on the first day of classes and throughout the Spring semester.
- Due to increased reservation requests, any reservation that is not cancelled prior to the scheduled event and the group does not show will still be assessed the full reservation cost.
- All Turner Center reservation cancellations must take place 72 hours prior to the schedule reservation. Reservations that cancel 72 hours or less before an event will still be charged the reservation fee. If the reservation fee is not paid by the deadline associated with the reservation, a late fee will be assessed.
- A late fee will be assessed for groups who do not pay the fee associated with their reservation by their payment deadline. Groups who do not make a payment associated with a reservation will receive a hold on all future reservations until the outstanding fee is paid, including all late fees.
- For safety and security reasons, Campus Recreation reserves the right to staff employees for events occurring beyond normal operational hours (at the expense of the group making the reservation)..
- Groups are responsible for all costs associated with the repair or replacement of equipment or property that may be damaged as a result of group usage.
- One or more custodians may be required to provide cleanup during a scheduled event dependent upon the activity, expected participation, and/or the presence of food and drink. Additionally, a cleanup fee may be assessed for groups that assume responsibility for cleanup but fail to meet their obligation.
- Confirmed reservations do not include a parking permit. For information on parking, click here. Questions or concerns regarding parking must be brought directly to the attention of the Department of Parking and Transportation at 662-915-7235 or email@example.com.
- *Extra lifeguard fees will be assessed for groups with 25 or more swimmers.
- The gymnasium floor must be papered for events that may damage the floor. Campus Recreation reserves the right to decide if an event warrants floor papering which will be conducted by Facilities Management for an additional fee.
- Events held at the Outdoor Sports Complex may require Campus Recreation staffing to be on site for the duration of the programmed activity. Campus Recreation reserves the right to determine if the event requires additional staffing (at the expense of the group making the reservation).
- Usage of the outdoor sound system is permitted only when Campus Recreation staff is present.
- Groups must indicate their request for the painting of field lines on their reservation form. Field lines must be painted by the Campus Recreation staff. Rates for this service are indicated on the pricing grid.
- Tournament program packages may include: Campus Recreation staffing, tournament brackets, referee scheduling, field lining, etc. A meeting must be scheduled with the Assistant Director of Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs.