Mental and Emotional Wellness
Mental and emotional wellness involves the awareness and acceptance of one’s feelings, emotions and thoughts whether they are negative, positive, or indifferent.
Characteristics of Mental and Emotional Wellness:
- Having the ability to accept be present with your emotions
- Being able to empathize or be sympathetic towards others’ emotions, feelings, or
Achieving Mental and Emotional Wellness:
- Identify coping strategies that are tailored specifically for you
- Seek resources for help when needed
- Identify stress management practices that work for you
- Practice mindfulness methods
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Self-guided online meditation websites
The University of Mississippi aims to create a safe and healthy learning environment for all students. It does this by providing extensive counseling and health services to all students. Whether students are looking for help or just someone to talk to, the understanding and compassionate staff at Ole Miss is here to support them. Students who proactively reach out to campus personnel are protected from disciplinary actions related to their substance use.
The Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) at the University of Mississippi is a community of support designed to help students in recovery from addiction achieve their academic goals. The community establishes an academic and social support system to address the unique challenges recovering students face in a collegiate environment. The CRC offers some opportunity for financial aid in the form of an academic scholarship.
There is no place for hazing at the University of Mississippi. All students are expected to treat one another with dignity and respect, regardless of their membership classification or level of seniority within an organization or group. As members of the University of Mississippi community, we are concerned with the safety, well being, and dignity of all students.