Schedule a Presentation
The Office of Wellness Education is available to assist you in designing and presenting a variety of classroom presentations, workshops, or Greek house/residence hall programs to meet your programming needs. No need to cancel a class again – schedule an educator to visit instead!
***Presentations must be scheduled at least two (2) weeks prior to your presentation date***
If you want to schedule a presentation for your EDHE class please click here.
A Student Wellness Ambassador, employee from the Center for Wellness Education, or Coordinator of Student Wellness will facilitate the presentation.
EDHE Presentation Topics:
- Physical Wellness 101: School Survival Guide (Physical Wellness)
- Keep Calm and Keep Your Mental Health Strong (Mental Wellness)
- Taking the ‘Risky” out of ‘Frisky’ (Sexual Wellness)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
*Filling out the form does not mean you have a presentation scheduled. You will receive an email confirmation once your request is processed.
For other presentation requests, please use the table below:
|Presentation Topic||Time Length||Audience Type||Audience Size||Schedule Presentation|
|Event Monitor Training||50 minutes — 1 hr||Greek-affiliated organization, Student Organization||Up to 350 individuals||https://goo.gl/forms/HVap43ijzcW7CSXv1|
|Breast Cancer Awareness||30 minutes||On Campus Department, Student Organization||N/a||https://goo.gl/forms/HVap43ijzcW7CSXv1|
|Dimensions of Wellness||45 minutes — 50 mins||Academic classes||Up to 30 individuals||https://goo.gl/forms/HVap43ijzcW7CSXv1|
|Physical Wellness||45 minute — 50 mins||Academic classes||Up to 30 individuals||https://goo.gl/forms/HVap43ijzcW7CSXv1|
|Miscellaneous Topic||Time varies||Audience Varies||N/a||https://goo.gl/forms/HVap43ijzcW7CSXv1|
NOTE: Depending on the time of the semester and the volume of requests we have, we will try but may not be able to provide a last minute program. The more notice you give us for a presentation, the more likely we will be able to fulfill your request.
Common presentation topic areas include:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and/or Drugs in College
- Underage issues
- Cessation services
- Helping a friend
- Harm Reduction
- Sexual Health & Safer Sex
- Context of sex – penile/vaginal/oral/anal/etc
- Disease prevention, barrier methods
- Contraception methods
- Designed for men and/or women
- Relaxation, Coping, and Stress Management Tips (Counseling Center also has programs)
- Healthy Eating, Fitness & Nutrition
- Disease Prevention
- Hand washing during cold/flu season
- Breast/Skin/Testicular self exams
- Heart health
- Holiday/Spring Break Survival
- General Wellness, Men’s Health, Women’s Health
- Rape & Sexual Assault Prevention (Contact Violence Prevention Office: 662-915-1059)
- Dating Violence & Unhealthy Relationships (Contact Violence Prevention Office: 662-915-1059)