William Magee Center for Wellness Education: Alcohol and Drug Education Program
In response to the rapidly evolving situation with COVID 19, the William Magee Center would like to provide the following update regarding RebelADE:
- We have moved the RebelADE program to a virtual format until further notice. If you have not been contacted by the William Magee Center for Wellness Education regarding your enrollment for RebelADE, please send us a quick email with your case number. We can follow up with details regarding next steps. Email email@example.com.
- If you have a additional sanctions (i.e. community service, project) please contact the Office of Conflict Resolution and Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RebelADE uses a combination of harm reduction approaches and education. Harm reduction approaches are a preventive intervention for college students 18 to 24 years old. It is aimed at students who have been sanctioned to attend a secondary prevention program for substance misuse and have experienced or are at risk for alcohol/drug-related problems such as poor class attendance, missed assignments, accidents, sexual assault, and violence. Students often conform to patterns of heavy substance use they see as acceptable while holding false beliefs about alcohol/drug’s effects or actual alcohol/drug-use norms.
RebelADE is intended to help students make better decisions and positive behavior change. The program’s style is empathetic, not confrontational or judgmental, and:
• Increases protective behaviors
• Promotes reduced use of substances
• Promotes healthier, positive choices
• Provides important information and coping skills for risk reduction
RebelADE is conducted over the course of 3-5 educational sessions, and these sessions can prompt students to change their substance use patterns. Our sessions include but are not limited to: Decision Making Model Seminar in classroom and recreation settings, Brief Intervention, Early Intervention Program, Mentoring Sessions or Collegiate Recovery Community.
For more information about RebelADE, please email email@example.com or call 662-915-6543.