**We will pick back up with our swim lesson offerings during the fall 2023 semester.**
Please follow this LINK to be added to our waitlist. All people on the waitlist will be contacted with updates as programming for the fall is scheduled out.
Individual Swim Lessons
Individual lessons are 30-minute-long sessions with a trained Ole Miss Campus Recreation swim instructor. Our instructors work to individualize each lesson to the participants’ needs, goals, and capabilities. We offer individual lessons in packages of 4 or 8 lessons for ages two and up. Individual swim lessons can occur any time our facility is open for normal operations. The cost is $60.00 for 4 lessons and $120.00 for 8 lessons.
Group Swim Lessons
Group lessons meet 8 times for 45 minutes each and are taught by trained Ole Miss Campus Recreation swim instructors. Our lessons are offered for a variety of ages and are designed so that participants learn skills appropriate for their age and ability. The cost for group lessons is $100.
All Group Swim Lesson participants must complete an in-person swim test to determine what level is appropriate for them. More information about this will be provided after you have registered for lessons. However, if you have specific questions, please email Aquatics.
Swim Lesson Policy
- Age Requirements: Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a sponsoring adult (parent/guardian age 18 or older). A parent or guardian must be present for the entire lesson. Children will not be permitted in the water without.
- Arrival: Please plan on arriving 10-15 minutes early to allow time to change into your swimsuit.
- Cancellations- Group Swim Lesson: UMCR does not offer make-up lessons for missed Group Swim Lessons. If UMCR cancels or interrupts a group lesson, we will reschedule for another date and time without penalty.
- Cancellations- Individual Swim Lesson: Cancellation of an Individual Swim Lesson must be done 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment to be eligible for a rescheduled appointment. If a cancellation is not made a minimum of 24 hours prior to any scheduled session, the client will be charged for the full session and the session cannot be made-up. The same applies for a “no-show”. Please email your instructor about any changes to your scheduled appointments. If UMCR cancels or interrupts an Individual Swim Lesson, we will reschedule for another date and time without penalty.
- Client Responsibilities: Clients must adhere to all CR membership and facility policies and procedures found in the Policy Handbook.
- Expiration: All lessons must be used and redeemed within the semester of purchase.
- Payment: Payment must be paid in full prior to the start of the first scheduled lesson. Lessons should be paid for through the Touchnet link provided by the Aquatics staff (after registration is completed and confirmed), however, they can also be paid for by cash, card, or check in person at Turner Center after registration has been completed and confirmed.
- Refunds: Full refunds will only be granted up to 72 hours before the first lesson. After the first class, any refund will be reviewed by the Assistant Director of Aquatics. Please email Aquatics to request a refund.
- Please Note: Refund requests made after the first day of the classes will be charged a $10 dollar processing fee. Refund requests after the second day will not be given. Illness, injury, or other extraneous circumstances may be directed to the Assistant Director of Aquatics for consideration of a refund. These requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may or may not be awarded.
- Registration: All participants must register for lessons via the CR website before the deadline.
- Restrictions: Group and Individual Lessons are non-transferable from member to member and cannot be carried over to the next semester. Participants may not mix and match dates from various Group Lesson sessions.
- Scheduling: If a patron arrives late for a lesson, the service will not be rescheduled or extended. We will proceed with the remaining time from the scheduled lesson. Lessons take place on the dates and times on which they are scheduled.
- Swimmer Level Assessment: Instructors will evaluate all swimmers prior to their first group lesson to be sure that they are in the appropriate skill level for their abilities.