Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Campus Recreation Spring 2020 Hiring Timeline
Tuesday, January 21st & Wednesday, January 22nd
Application Sessions (Mandatory) – 5:30pm, 6:00pm, 6:30pm, or 7:00pm start times
- The application sessions are in Turner Auditorium 205, beginning at 5:30pm and occuring every half hour, with the last session beginning at 7pm.
- Learn more about our hiring process and timeline, along with application material requirements, helpful interview techniques, and how to prepare for applying with TeamCR.
- Attendance at one of the application sessions is required to gain access to the job fair and receive the application.
Job Fairs (Mandatory) – 5:30-7:30pm
- Entrance to the job fairs will be granted at the conclusion of each application session.
- Meet some of our current staff and receive employment information.
- Attendance at one of the two job fairs is required.
- Following the night of attendance at an application session and job fair, the link for the online application will be emailed by 9pm.
- Students must be logged in to their @go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application.
Friday, January 24th
All Applications Due Online Before 12:00 noon
- Cover letter and résumé (in pdf format) must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete (Must use your @olemiss.edu to submit).
- Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Wednesday, January 29th & Thursday, January 30th
First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Wednesday, January 29th, or Thursday, January 30th (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- Each group interview will consist of 4 to 6 applicants, and last 45 to 60 minutes.
Monday, February 3rd & Tuesday, February 4th
Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews on either Monday, February 3rd, or Tuesday, February 4th.
- Some areas may require a practical component following second round interviews as well.