Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Spring 2019 Hiring Timeline
Tuesday, January 22nd or Wednesday, January 23rd @ 4:00pm-5:45pm – Job Fairs (Mandatory)
- The job fairs are in the Turner Center Game Room from 4-5:45pm on Sunday and Monday. Meet some of our current staff and receive employment information.
- Attendance at one of the two job fairs is required.
Tuesday, January 22nd or Wednesday, January 23rd @ 5:45pm – Application Sessions
- The application sessions are in Turner Auditorium 205 at 5:45pm on Monday or Tuesday. Learn application writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques.
- Attendance at one of the two application sessions is highly recommended but not required.
Tuesday, January 22nd @ 6pm – Online Application Opens
- Applicants MUST attend one of the two job fairs to be considered for employment.
- The link for the online application will only be emailed to those who attend one of the two job fairs.
- Note: Students must be logged in to their @go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application.
Thursday, January 24th @ 12pm – All Applications are Due Online
- Cover letter and résumé must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Sunday, January 27th or Monday, January 28th – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Sunday, January 27th or Monday, January 28th (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- Each group interview will consist of 4-6 applicants.
Wednesday, January 30th or Thursday, January 31st – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews on either Wednesday, January 30th or Thursday, January 31st.
- Some areas may require a practical component following second round interviews as well.
Friday, February 1st – All Hiring for Spring Semester Completed
TEAM CR August Employees of the Month
TEAM CR 2018 Director’s Award & Bill Kingery Scholarship Recipient
TEAM CR 2018 Stars
TEAM CR 2018 Rising Stars