Graduate Assistant Opportunities with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation at the University of Mississippi is seeking dynamic and talented individuals to help us achieve our vision of being a flagship collegiate recreation program. We will be hiring nine (9) Graduate Assistant positions for the 2020-2021 academic year in the following program areas:
Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs (2)
Facility Operations (1)
Wellness Education (1)
Preference will be given to applications received before December 2, 2019. Please refer to our Bluefishjobs post for more information: Click Here
Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Campus Recreation Tentative Spring 2020 Hiring Timeline:
Tuesday, January 21st & Wednesday, January 22nd: Times TBD – Job Fairs (Mandatory)
- The job fairs are in the Turner Center, room TBD. Meet some of our current staff and receive employment information.
- Attendance at one of the two job fairs is required.
Tuesday, January 21st & Wednesday, January 22nd: Times TBD– Application Sessions (Mandatory)
- The application sessions are in Turner Auditorium 205, times still TBD. Learn application writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques, and how to prepare for applying to work with TeamCR.
- Attendance at one of the application sessions is required.
Tuesday, January 21st & Wednesday, January 22nd, following Job Fairs – Online Application Opens
- Applicants MUST attend one of the two job fairs, and attend one of the application sessions to be considered for employment.
- Following the night of attendance, the link for the online application will only be emailed to those who attend one of the two job fairs, and one of the application sessions.
- Note: Students must be logged in to their @go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application.
Friday, January 24th @ 12noon – All Applications are Due Online
- Cover letter and résumé must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete. (Must use your @olemiss.edu to submit)
- Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Wednesday, January 29th & Thursday, January 30th – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Wednesday, January 29th, or Thursday, January 30th (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- Each group interview will consist of 4 to 6 applicants.
Monday, February 3rd & Tuesday, February 4th – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews on either Monday, February 3rd, or Tuesday, February 4th.
- Some areas may require a practical component following second round interviews as well.
Thursday, February 6th – Hiring for Spring 2020 Semester Completed