Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment. Please review a list of positions available for this hiring period below.
Fall 2018 Hiring Dates
If attending summer orientation, please visit the Campus Recreation table during Rebel Roundup to learn more about our job opportunities.
Campus Recreation Fall 2018 Hiring Timeline:
Sunday, August 19th or Monday, August 20th @ 4:00pm-5:45pm – Job Fairs (Mandatory)
- The job fairs are in the Turner Center Game Room from 4-5:45pm on Sunday and Monday. Meet some of our current staff and receive employment information.
- Attendance at one of the two job fairs is required.
Sunday, August 19th or Monday, August 20th @ 5:45pm – Application Sessions
- The application sessions are in Turner Auditorium 205 at 5:45pm on Monday or Tuesday. Learn application writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques.
- Attendance at one of the two application sessions is highly recommended but not required.
Sunday, August 19th @ 6pm – Online Application Opens
- Applicants MUST attend one of the two job fairs to be considered for employment.
- The link for the online application will only be emailed to those who attend one of the two job fairs.
- Note: Students must be logged in to their @go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application.
Wednesday, August 22nd @ 12pm – All Applications are Due Online
- Cover letter and résumé must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Sunday, August 26th or Monday, August 27th – First Round Group Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Sunday, August 26th or Monday, August 27th (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- Each group interview will consist of 4-6 applicants.
Wednesday, August 29th or Thursday, August 30th – Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews on either Wednesday, August 29th or Thursday, August 30th.
- Some areas may require a practical component following second round interviews as well.
Friday, August 31st – All Hiring for Fall Semester Completed
TEAM CR May Employees of the Month
TEAM CR 2018 Director’s Award & Bill Kingery Scholarship Recipient
TEAM CR 2018 Stars
TEAM CR 2018 Rising Stars