Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Some positions require prerequisites or certifications.
Campus Recreation Spring 2018 Hiring Dates
- The job fairs are in the Turner Center Game Room from 4-6pm on Sunday and 4-5pm Monday. Meet some of our current staff and receive employment information.
- The cover letter and résumé sessions are in Turner Auditorium 205 from 5-5:30pm on Sunday or 5-5:30pm Monday. Learn application writing strategies as well as helpful interview techniques.
- Attendance at one of the two job fairs is required, and the attendance at one of the cover letter and résumé sessions is highly recommended.
- Applicants MUST attend one of the two job fairs to be considered for employment.
- The link for the online application will only be emailed to those who attend one of the two job fairs.
- Note: Students must be logged in to their @go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application.
- Cover letter and résumé must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews on either Wednesday, January 31 or Thursday, February 1.
- Each group interview will consist of 4-6 applicants.
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews on either Monday, February 5 or Tuesday, February 6.
- Some areas may require a practical component following second round interviews as well.
TEAM CR Employees of the Month
Spring 2017 Banquet Award Winners
Star: Gretchen Edelman
Rising Star: Beth Sherbo
Star: Baylie Beebe
Rising Star: Paige Stolen
Star: Zach Britt
Rising Star: McKenzie Cavanaugh
Intramural Sports & Sport Clubs
Star: Anna Beavers
Rising Star: Ryley Blomberg
Star: Rachel Dennis
Rising Star: Sarah Pringle
Star: Meghan Geduldig
Rising Star: Emily Rose