Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu with any questions pertaining to student employment.
Click here to review the job descriptions for Campus Recreation student employment.
Campus Recreation Spring 2021 Hiring Timeline
(late January/early February start dates) :
Open positions for Spring 2021 include: Certified Lifeguards, Customer Service Representatives, Marketing Program Assistant, Member Services Representatives, Fitness Attendants, Certified Group Fitness Instructors, Certified Personal Trainers, Sport Officials, and Ole Miss Outdoors Representatives.
Zoom Job Fair and Application Session (Mandatory) – attend only one; register below:
- Wednesday, January 6th, 4:00 to 5:00 pm (CST): Zoom Link
- Thursday, January 7th, 4:00 to 5:00 pm (CST): Zoom Link
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting and the option to add to your personal calendar. It is highly suggested to add the Zoom meeting you select to your calendar to ensure you do not miss the meeting.
Zoom Job Fair and Application Session (Mandatory) – required to attend one
- The job fair and application sessions will be held via Zoom, beginning promptly at the advertised start time and will last approximately one hour.
- Learn more about working for Campus Recreation, our hiring process and timeline, along with application material requirements, helpful interview techniques, and how to prepare for applying with TEAMCR.
- Attendance at one of the job fair and application sessions is required to gain access to receive the application.
- The link for the online application will be emailed to the @go.olemiss.edu student email account of all those who attend the job fair and application session.
- Students must be logged in to their @go.olemiss.edu account to submit an application.
Monday, January 11th:
All Applications are Due Online at 12 noon
- Cover letter and résumé (in pdf format) must be uploaded to the online application in order for the application to be considered complete (Must use your @go.olemiss.edu to submit).
- Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Wednesday, January 13th and Thursday, January 14th:
First Round Group Interviews (Zoom)
- Selected candidates will be invited for first round group interviews (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- You will be emailed all the group interview information, including the correct zoom link, prior to your interview.
- Conducted via Zoom, each group interview will consist of 4 to 6 applicants, and last 30 to 45 minutes.
Friday, January 15th, Tuesday, January 19th and Wednesday, January 20th:
Second Round Individual Interviews
- Selected candidates will be invited for second round individual interviews (time determined by availability indicated on application).
- Some areas may require a practical component during second round interviews as well.
Thursday, January 21st: Hiring for Spring 2021 Semester Completed.