Student Employment with Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation depends on Ole Miss students to assist with many of the programs and services we offer. The opportunity to meet not only other Ole Miss students but also faculty, staff, their families and campus visitors participating in various programs or facility use is very rewarding.
At various times throughout the year, typically at the beginning and end of the fall semester as well as just before the summer terms, the Department of Campus Recreation will host job fairs for students interested in employment. The department will also offer a workshop in conjunction with the job fairs to aid students in drafting their cover letters and résumés. Once applications have been submitted, student employee candidates may be selected to participate in group interviews and then specific area interviews. After application and interviewing, students who are hired go through an in-service training and orientation program. Schedules are established based on availability. Student wages are based on the position and experience.
Spring Hiring Timeline:
- Thursday, February 22nd from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Job Fair hosted in the South Campus Recreation Center lobby
- Sunday, February 25th from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Job Fair hosted via Zoom (Register here)
Interested applicants MUST attend a job fair to receive the application link and be considered for a position.
- Monday, February 26th at 5:00 p.m. – Application Closes
- Late applications will not be accepted. No exceptions.
- Sunday, March 3rd – Monday, March 4th – First Round Interviews hosted in the Administration Suite at the South Campus Recreation Center
- Applicants will be contacted no later than Wednesday, February 28th at 5:00 p.m. with their scheduled interview time.
- Wednesday, March 6th – Friday, March 8th – Second Round Interviews
- Applicants will be contacted for a second round interview by the program area based on their availability.
- Interview locations are dependent upon the position/program area the applicant is interviewing for.
Some program areas may require skill assessments in order to be considered for a position.
If you have any questions regarding the timeline for hiring please contact CampusRecJobs@olemiss.edu.
TEAM CR 2023 Director’s Award & Bill Kingery Scholarship Recipients
TEAM CR 2023 Stars
TEAM CR 2023 Rising Stars
Bill Kingery Outstanding Student Staff Award
The Bill Kingery Outstanding Student Staff Award provides additional financial assistance to the most outstanding student employees within the department. Bill Kingery was the first Director of Campus Recreation at the University of Mississippi, and he served the campus for 43 years before he retired in 2013; Mr. Kingery established the award in an effort to continue supporting the student employees who are so valuable and essential to the department. One of the University of Mississippi’s core values is to provide the best and most accessible undergraduate education in the state of Mississippi. The Department of Campus Recreation contributes to this core value as the second largest student employer on campus, thereby enabling students to receive income to help cover their expenses while attending the university.
Campus Recreation top student employees receive this financial award based on merit and service to the department, and therefore the University; the students who are awarded this scholarship are notified at our annual Student Awards Banquet. Please consider contributing to this award because of your support of the University, your involvement with Campus Recreation, and your willingness to assist students in reaching their goal of graduating from this great American public university.
To contribute to the Bill Kingery scholarship fund, please click here: www.umfoundation.com/billkingery