Department of Campus Recreation
- Campus Recreation is the 2nd largest student employer on campus! TEAM CR is made up of over 175 student employees who are lifeguards, fitness instructors, personal trainers, trip leaders, challenge course facilitators, intramural officials, and facility managers. We provide students with transferable skills that will help them get, and keep, the next job.
- Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programs offer different levels of competition, so there’s something for every athlete. Intramural Sports are held on campus and include flag football, softball, basketball, soccer, tennis, and more! Sport Clubs play other universities but do not require as much time as intercollegiate sports. We have men’s and women’s rugby, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s lacrosse, fencing, and baseball, just to name a few.
- The fitness program offers a comprehensive group fitness schedule, with over 50 classes offered each week including Zumba, cycling, Pilates, and Yoga. The fitness center offers free weights, selectorized weight machines, cardio machines, and functional training equipment for those who are interested in Crossfit and TRX.
- Ole Miss Outdoors leads adventure trips to amazing places, including hang gliding off Lookout Mountain, white water rafting the Ocoee River, skiing Whistler, British Columbia, backpacking the Grand Canyon, and dogsledding in Minnesota. Ole Miss Outdoors also offers great outdoor gear rentals including tents, sleeping bags, kayaks, canoes, and so much more. Go for a stroll or ride your bike down the South Campus Rail Trail. Check out the Rebel Challenge Course if you want to take a ride down the zip line or climb the tower – also, ask about the Flying Squirrel.
- The Olympic sized indoor pool offers lap swimming, competitions, and high and low dive, and hosts the Rebel Man Sprint Triathlon each spring. Can’t swim? No problem. We’ll teach you. We also have kayak water polo – you should add that to your bucket list.
- The wellness education professionals advocate for well-informed and healthful choices and encourage wellness in a positive, empowering, and open environment; programming includes alcohol education and risk reduction.
- New recreation center: Campus Recreation is looking forward to opening our new facility, the South Campus Recreation Center. The facility will provide outstanding opportunities for the university community to pursue lifelong well-being and will serve as a transformational space in providing University of Mississippi students a premiere collegiate experience.