Department of Campus Recreation
Effective immediately, the university will require face coverings in indoor public spaces on campus, regardless of vaccination status. This includes public office spaces, classrooms, conference rooms and other academic spaces like laboratories and libraries. Additionally, masks will be required while traversing public spaces in residence halls, dining facilities, the Student Union, Campus Rec, and retail spaces. Masks will be required for extracurricular activities held in indoor on-campus spaces. Face coverings are not required when outdoors.
In Campus Recreation facilities, patrons may remove face coverings at their exercise station(s). Currently, courts are available for use, however, face coverings are required when not engaged in play.
- Campus Recreation is the largest student employer on campus! TEAM CR is made up of over 250 student employees who are lifeguards, fitness instructors, personal trainers, trip leaders, challenge course facilitators, intramural officials, and facility managers. We provide students with transferable skills that will help them get, and keep, the next job.
- Two Recreation Centers: Campus Recreation opened the South Campus Recreation Center (SCRC) in August of 2019. The SCRC and the Turner Center provide outstanding opportunities for the university community to pursue lifelong well-being. The SCRC serves as a transformational space to provide the University of Mississippi students a premiere collegiate experience.
- Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programs offer different levels of competition, so there’s something for every athlete. Intramural Sports are held on campus and include flag football, softball, basketball, soccer, tennis, and more! Sport Clubs play other universities but do not require as much time as intercollegiate sports. We have men’s and women’s rugby, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s lacrosse, fencing, and baseball, just to name a few.
- The fitness program offers a comprehensive group fitness schedule, with over 50 classes offered each week including Zumba, cycling, Pilates, and Yoga. The fitness center offers free weights, selectorized weight machines, cardio machines, and functional training equipment for those who are interested in Crossfit and TRX.
- Ole Miss Outdoors (OMOD) provides amazing backcountry experiences for students and community members, offering a variety of trips each semester. OMOD also features a 35-foot vertical climbing wall and 70-foot linear bouldering wall at the SCRC. Visit the office for camping, boating, and cycling gear rentals. Go for a stroll or bike down the South Campus Rail Trail. Check out the Rebel Challenge Course on Free Fridays, or reserve it for a group teambuilding session, and be sure to ask about the Flying Squirrel!
- The Olympic sized indoor pool offers lap swimming, competitions, and high and low dive, and hosts the Rebel Man Sprint Triathlon each spring. Can’t swim? No problem. We’ll teach you. We also have kayak water polo – you should add that to your bucket list.