Department of Campus Recreation
- Campus Recreation is the largest student employer on campus! TEAM CR is made up of over 250 student employees who are lifeguards, group fitness instructors, personal trainers, trip leaders, challenge course facilitators, intramural officials, and facility managers. We provide students with transferable skills that will help them get, and keep, the next job.
- Two Recreation Centers: Campus Recreation opened the South Campus Recreation Center (SCRC) in August of 2019. The SCRC and the Turner Center provide outstanding opportunities for the university community to pursue lifelong well-being. The SCRC serves as a transformational space to provide the University of Mississippi students a premiere collegiate experience.
- Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs programs offer different levels of competition, so there’s something for every athlete. Intramural Sports are held on campus and include flag football, softball, basketball, soccer, tennis, and more! Sport Clubs play other universities but do not require as much time as intercollegiate sports. We have men’s and women’s rugby, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s lacrosse, ice hockey, and baseball, just to name a few.
- The Fitness program offers a comprehensive group fitness schedule, with over 30 classes offered each week including cardio dance, cycling, Pilates, and Yoga. The fitness center offers free weights, selectorized weight machines, cardio machines, and functional training equipment for those who are interested in Crossfit and TRX.
- The Outdoors program provides amazing backcountry experiences for students and community members, offering a variety of trips each semester. The Outdoors program also features a 35-foot vertical climbing wall and 70-foot linear bouldering wall at the SCRC. Visit the office for camping, boating, and cycling gear rentals. Go for a stroll or bike down the South Campus Rail Trail. Check out the Challenge Course or reserve it for a group teambuilding session, and be sure to ask about the Flying Squirrel!
- Our 65-meter indoor pool offers areas for lap swimming, competitive training, and aquatic education programs. The pool hosts events such as inner-tube water polo, kayak instruction, and aqua yoga. We also offer swimming lessons and lifeguard certification courses.