Summer Youth Camps
The goal of the University of Mississippi Department of Campus Recreation Summer Youth Camp program is to introduce children (ages 6-12) to a variety of sport and recreational activities in a friendly, safe, and inclusive environment. We hope to provide each child with age-appropriate instruction, education, and activity opportunities to grow physically, mentally, and socially while at camp.
All activities are led by Department of Campus Recreation professional staff, graduate assistants, and student staff. All camp staff are first aid and CPR certified and will have undergone a university administered background check as well as Supervision of Minors training.
This camp is open to all families and membership to Campus Recreation is not required to attend.
All campers receive one (1) Summer Youth Camps t-shirt included with registration. Additional t-shirts can be purchased for $15 each. Campers are not asked to wear the camp t-shirt until the final day of the camp session (Friday).
Upcoming Session Dates
This summer we are introducing themed weeks along with our traditional Campus Recreation Camps. These weeks will emphasize activities specific to the denoted theme. Summer Youth Camp sessions for Summer 2023 are listed below.
- Session 1: Monday, June 5th – Friday, June 9th
- Registration deadline is Thursday, June 1st at 12:00 p.m.
- Session 2: Monday, June 12th – Friday, June 16th (Aquatics & Adventure Theme)
- Registration deadline is Thursday, June 8th at 12:00 p.m.
- Session 3: Monday, June 19th – Friday, June 23rd (Sports & Fitness Theme)
- Registration deadline is Thursday, June 15th at 12:00 p.m.
- Session 4: Monday, June 26th – Friday, June 30th
- Registration deadline is Thursday, June 22nd at 12:00 p.m.
Registration & Pricing
Registration is now open for summer 2023.
Campers registered by Monday, May 15th will be guaranteed their preferred shirt size. Campers registered afterwards will be provided a camp shirt, but we cannot guarantee sizing.
Campus Recreation Members: $165/camper
Non-Campus Recreation Members: $190/camper
- Submit registration packet here.
- One packet should be submitted for each camper.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for confirmation that your packet has been received after submission.
- After registration packet has been received/reviewed you will receive a payment link to complete your registration.
- Registration spots will be reserved on a first-come first-serve basis to those that complete both payment and registration packet.
All refund requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed refund request form.
If cancelled ten (10) days prior to the start of a session – 75% of registration fee will be refunded.
- Session 1: 75% refund deadline is May 26, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 2: 75% refund deadline is June 2, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 3: 75% refund deadline is June 9, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 4: 75% refund deadline is June 16, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
If cancelled four (4) to nine (9) days prior to first day of the session start date – 50% of registration fee will be refunded.
- Session 1: 50% refund period is May 26, 2023 @ 5:01 p.m.- June 1, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 2: 50% refund period is June 2, 2023 @ 5:01 p.m.- June 8, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 3: 50% refund period is June 9, 2023 @ 5:01 p.m. – June 15, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 4: 50% refund period is June 16, 2023 @ 5:01 p.m. – June 22, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m.
If cancelled three (3) or less days prior to first day of the session start date – no refund will be given.
- No refund will be given after June 1, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. for Session 1.
- No refund will be given after June 8, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. for Session 2.
- No refunds will be given after June 15, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. for Session 3.
- No refunds will be given after June 22, 2023 @ 5:00 p.m. for Session 4.
Schedule & Activity Details
Daily Camp Schedule
8:00AM-12:00PM: Camp Activities
All activities are subject to change pending inclement weather and other factors such as staffing or facility availability. Campers will be split into 2 different age groups, 6-9 years old or 9-12 years old, in order to provide age-appropriate instruction and activity opportunities. Parents/guardians registering a camper that is nine (9) years old will have the opportunity to self-select which age group would best suit their camper’s needs.
General activities offered may include:
- Indoor Climbing
- Nature Trail Walk
- Group Fitness
- Outdoor Soccer
- Yard Games
- Sand Volleyball
- Rebel Challenge Course
Adventure & Aquatic themed activities may include:
- Pool Kayaking
- Innertube Water Polo
- Outdoor Educational Activities
Sports & Fitness themed activities may include:
- Yoga and Fitness Obstacle Course
- Ultimate Frisbee
Camp activities will take place at the locations listed below. Drop-off and pick-up will occur at the same location for a given day, but will change throughout the week. Daily drop-off/pick-up locations will be clearly communicated to all parents/guardians in advance. No transportation of campers in vehicles will occur unless inclement weather or an emergency requires transportation by camp staff. All activities for a given day will remain at one (1) location.
South Campus Recreation Center
980 Whirlpool Drive, Oxford, MS 38655 – Link to location map
Thomas N. Turner Center
642 All American Drive, University, MS 38677 – Link to location map
Blackburn-McMurray Outdoor Sports Complex
Insight Park Ave, University, MS 38677 – Link to location map
Please contact CampusRecCamps@olemiss.edu with any questions.