Summer Youth Camps
The goal of the University of Mississippi Department of Campus Recreation Summer Youth Camp program is to introduce children (ages 6-12) to a variety of sport and recreational activities in a friendly, safe, and inclusive environment. We hope to provide each child with age-appropriate instruction, education, and activity opportunities to grow physically, mentally, and socially while at camp.
All activities are led by Department of Campus Recreation professional staff, graduate assistants, and student staff. All camp staff are first aid and CPR certified and will have undergone a university administered background check as well as Supervision of Minors training.
This camp is open to all families and membership to Campus Recreation is not required to attend.
All campers receive one (1) Summer Youth Camps t-shirt included with registration. Additional t-shirts can be purchased for $15 each. Campers are not asked to wear the camp t-shirt until the final day of the camp session (Friday).
Upcoming Session Dates
Session 1: June 13-17, 2022
Session 2: June 20-24, 2022
Registration & Pricing
Registration opens Monday, April 18th at 8:00 a.m. Each session has a maximum capacity of 24 campers with 12 spots for the 6-9 year-old group and 12 spots for the 9-12 year-old group.
- Session 1: Registration will close on May 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Session 2: Registration will close on June 6, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Campus Recreation Members: $165/camper
Non-Campus Recreation Members: $190/camper
- Submit your payment here (products only viewable once registration opens).
- Payment will not be processed until the registration packet has been approved by camp administrators.
- Once payment has been received, complete the camp registration packet and send your completed packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for confirmation that your packet has been received after submission.
- Registration for camp is not complete until both payment and registration packet are received and reviewed.
- Registration spots will be reserved on a first-come first-serve basis to those that complete both payment and registration packet.
If cancelled ten (10) days prior to the start of a session – 75% of registration fee will be refunded.
- Session 1: 75% refund deadline is June 3, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 2: 75% refund deadline is June 10, 20222 @ 5:00 p.m.
If cancelled four (4) to nine (9) days prior to first day of the session start date – 50% of registration fee will be refunded.
- Session 1: 50% refund period is June 3, 2022 @ 5:01 p.m.-June 9, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Session 2: 50% refund period is June 10, 2022 @ 5:01 p.m.-June 16, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m.
If cancelled three (3) or less days prior to first day of the session start date – no refund will be given.
- No refund will be given after June 9, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m. for Session 1.
- No refund will be given after June 16, 2022 @ 5:00 p.m. for Session 2.
Schedule & Activity Details
Daily Camp Schedule
8:00AM-12:00PM: Camp Activities
All activities are subject to change pending inclement weather and other factors such as staffing or facility availability. Campers will be split into 2 different age groups, 6-9 years old or 9-12 years old, in order to provide age-appropriate instruction and activity opportunities. Parents/guardians registering a camper that is nine (9) years old will have the opportunity to self-select which age group would best suit their camper’s needs.
Activities offered may include:
- Indoor Climbing
- Nature Trail Walk
- Group Fitness
- Outdoor Soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Yard Games
- Sand Volleyball
- Rebel Challenge Course
Camp activities will take place at the locations listed below. Drop-off and pick-up will occur at the same location for a given day, but will change throughout the week. Daily drop-off/pick-up locations will be clearly communicated to all parents/guardians in advance. No transportation of campers in vehicles will occur unless inclement weather or an emergency requires transportation by camp staff. All activities for a given day will remain at one (1) location.
South Campus Recreation Center
980 Whirlpool Drive, Oxford, MS 38655 – Link to location map
Thomas N. Turner Center
642 All American Drive, University, MS 38677 – Link to location map
Blackburn-McMurray Outdoor Sports Complex
Insight Park Ave, University, MS 38677 – Link to location map
Please contact CampusRecCamps@olemiss.edu with any questions.