Length and Width: 70 yards by 20 yards
Depth: 3.5 feet – 13 feet
Water Temperature: 83-84 degrees throughout the year
Bulkheads: Two stainless steel bulkheads which are moveable
Water Capacity: Approximately 705,000 gallons
Filtration: Diatomaceous Earth
Chlorination System: PPG Accu-Tab Chlorinator
Control of pH: Muriatic Acid
Pool Dimensions with Bulkheads in non-meet positions:
- East Pool – 25 yards by 20 yards, 9 feet – 13 feet
- Center Pool – 25 yards by 20 yards, 4.5 feet – 8 feet
- West Pool – 20 yards by 20 yards, 3.5 feet – 4 feet
- Proper swim attire is required, reference the image below for approved swim attire.
- Swimming is permitted only when the pool is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty.
- Lifeguards and Natatorium staff have the authority to enforce all pool rules. Patrons who repeatedly violate the rules or reasonable requests of the staff may be ejected from the facility.
- Parent/guardian must be in the water with children under age 6.
- Only Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices are allowed in the pool. Noodles, balls, or other toys may only be used for recreation.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Running, rough play, and personal conduct endangering the safety of self or others is prohibited.
- Dives in 5 feet or less sections of the pool, backward dives, and or flips are not allowed.
- Swimming under the bulkhead, hanging on lane lines and prolonged underwater swimming or breath holding, is not permitted.
- Gum and Band-Aids must be deposited in the trash before entering the water.
- Glass containers are not permitted in Natatorium.
- All injuries should be reported immediately to the lifeguard.
Please be conscious of others. Do not swim if you have: skin lesions, sores, or inflamed eyes, mouth, nose, or ear discharge, carrying communicable disease or having any type of bandage, adhesive tape, etc., on your body.
Patrons are expected to exhibit proper conduct and to respect the rights of others at all times. Engaging in unacceptable, unsafe, or inappropriate behavior/language towards an employee of Campus Recreation or Campus Recreation patron may result in the loss of facility privileges.
In the event of an emergency, the pool will be cleared. The signal for this will be one long blast of a lifeguard’s whistle.
Swim Lesson Policies
- Age Requirements: Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a sponsoring adult (parent/guardian age 18 or older). A parent or guardian must be present for the entire lesson. Children will not be permitted in the water without.
- Arrival: Please plan on arriving 10-15 minutes early to allow time to change into your swimsuit.
- Cancellations- Group Swim Lesson: UMCR does not offer make-up lessons for missed Group Swim Lessons. If UMCR cancels or interrupts a group lesson, we will reschedule for another date and time without penalty.
- Cancellations- Individual Swim Lesson: Cancellation of an Individual Swim Lesson must be done 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment to be eligible for a rescheduled appointment. If a cancellation is not made a minimum of 24 hours prior to any scheduled session, the client will be charged for the full session and the session cannot be made-up. The same applies for a “no-show”. Please email your instructor about any changes to your scheduled appointments. If UMCR cancels or interrupts an Individual Swim Lesson, we will reschedule for another date and time without penalty.
- Client Responsibilities: Clients must adhere to all CR membership and facility policies and procedures found in the Policy Handbook.
- Expiration: All lessons must be used and redeemed within the semester of purchase.
- Payment: Payment must be paid in full prior to the start of the first scheduled lesson. Lessons should be paid for through the Touchnet link provided by the Aquatics staff (after registration is completed and confirmed), however, they can also be paid for by cash, card, or check in person at Turner Center after registration has been completed and confirmed.
- Refunds: Full refunds will only be granted up to 72 hours before the first lesson. After the first class, any refund will be reviewed by the Assistant Director of Aquatics. Email Aquatics to request a refund.
- Please Note: Refund requests made after the first day of the classes will be charged a $10 dollar processing fee. Refund requests after the second day will not be given. Illness, injury, or other extraneous circumstances may be directed to the Assistant Director of Aquatics for consideration of a refund. These requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may or may not be awarded.
- Registration: All participants must register for lessons via the CR website before the deadline.
- Restrictions: Group and Individual Lessons are non-transferable from member to member and cannot be carried over to the next semester. Participants may not mix and match dates from various Group Lesson sessions.
- Scheduling: If a patron arrives late for a lesson, the service will not be rescheduled or extended. We will proceed with the remaining time from the scheduled lesson. Lessons take place on the dates and times on which they are scheduled.
- Swimmer Level Assessment: Instructors will evaluate all swimmers prior to their first group lesson to be sure that they are in the appropriate skill level for their abilities.