Indoor Fitness Spaces
Fitness Center: Located on the third floor of the Turner Center, the Fitness Center is a 10,000 sq. ft. facility, offering free-weights, selectorized resistance weights, cardiovascular machines, and a functional training Torque Fitness X Rack with various attachments to personalize your workout.
Indoor Track: Elevated track around perimeter of gymnasium: 8.5 laps = 1 mile. Access the indoor track utilizing the hallway and stairwell off the gymnasium, on the third floor.
Group Fitness Studios: Over 40 classes are offered each week, ranging from Cycling to Outdoor Bootcamp and various types of Yoga and cardiovascular formats. Classes are held in the studios, the Vault, and the Fit Rig at the Outdoor Sports Complex. Visit the group fitness program page for more information.
- Studio 305: Located on the third floor of the Turner Center, this space is utilized for group fitness classes, academic classes and individual exercise when not reserved with programming. To find out how to reserve this space, click here!
- Studio 125 & 125 Cycle: Located on the first floor of the Turner Center, across from the elevator, these two studios are used only for Campus Recreation group fitness classes. Studio 125 offers unique features, such as TRX training classes and soon to come barre formats! Studio 125 cycle is dedicated space for Real Ryder Cycle classes! Space is limited in TRX training, barre and cycle classes, so arrive early to ensure your spot!
Re-purposed Racquetball Courts: In 2018, Campus Recreation converted two racquetball courts into fitness studios designed to offer patrons alternative spaces to perform functional and circuit training.
- The Tank: This box-inspired space serves as a great functional training area to create your own workout. Featuring the Hammer Strength HD Double Bridge and HD Athletic Perimeter, kettlebells, dumbbells, Assault Bikes, Concept2 Ski Ergs, plyometric boxes, and much more, all fitness levels can find something to meet their needs. The Tank is open during Fitness Center hours; this area is not under constant supervision of CR staff. CR staff reserves the right to close The Tank during scheduled programming.
- Click here to check out The Tank
- The Vault: This space will feature circuit style training, combining both cardiovascular and strength based stations. Classes will utilize a variety of equipment including: TechnoGym SkillMills, Concept2 Rowers, Life Fitness GX Indoor Cycles, battle ropes and much more! The Vault will be open for CR programming only, with small group training and group fitness classes taking place during scheduled times. Personal Trainers will also hold one on one instruction with clients.
- Click here to check out The Vault
Outdoor Fitness Spaces
The Fit Rig: Located adjacent to the sport club fields, the Fit Rig is a MoveStrong FitGround that allows participants to experience functional training in an outdoor setting. This facility features various elements including cargo nets, balance beams, adjustable bars, plyometric platforms, and much more. The Fit Rig is open to University members with an Ole Miss ID card, and group fitness classes are offered seasonally; check the group fitness schedule for information.
- Click here to check out The Fit Rig