Access to the Turner Center & South Campus Recreation Center (SCRC)
- The Turner Center & South Campus Recreation Center are single entry/exit facility. Entry and exit must always be through the turnstiles located after the front glass doors.
- Note: If an individual attempts to use an ID other than his/her own, the ID will be confiscated and sent to the Dean of Students Office. (University of Mississippi Policy Code DSA.200.001).
- Participants included in a group reservation must either swipe through the turnstiles if they have an active UM ID card or sign a group waiver if they do not have an active UM ID card.
- UM students and Campus Recreation members MUST present their ID card to gain access to the recreation facilities. Please be aware that an inactive ID card or not presenting an ID card at all will result in the denial of access.
- Use of the Turner Center & SCRC is for academic and recreational purposes only.
- Organized activities other than those approved by the Campus Recreation office are prohibited.
- Private coaching and instruction for personal gain is not permitted.
- Personal stereos are prohibited. Patrons must use personal music players.
- Pets, other than service animals, are prohibited in the recreation facilities.
- Appropriate workout attire must be worn when using an activity area.
- Proper athletic shoes and clothing are required.
- Shirts must be worn at all times in all activity areas (exception: natatorium).
- Denim jeans are not permitted in the Fitness areas.
- The use of bicycles, roller skates, roller blades and skate boards are prohibited in the recreation centers unless it is an approved activity.
Campus Weapons Policy
The University policy can be viewed here.
- Facilities may be closed and/or reservations canceled when warranted (special campus events, intramural sports, sport clubs, camps, maintenance, inclement weather and other events/factors determined by Campus Recreation).
- During official university holidays and breaks, the Turner Center & SCRC may have abbreviated hours or may be closed in its entirety. There are times we may have to close the facility or an activity area with little or no advance notice.
To ensure the safety of minors, any patron under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a sponsoring adult (parent/guardian age 18 or older) at all times. The sponsoring adult must remain in the same activity area as the minor. If the sponsoring adult leaves an activity area, the minor must accompany the sponsoring adult.
The University of Mississippi adheres to a Minors on Campus policy, which can be found here.
Patrons age 16 or 17 may utilize all Campus Recreation activity and fitness spaces when accompanied by their sponsoring adult. Appropriate Campus Recreation activity passes are necessary for climbing and group fitness. SCRC Fitness spaces have been divided into various zones (shown below) due to the large amount of space. Sponsoring adults must remain in the same activity zone as their minor patron at all times.
Patrons 15 years of age and under may use the following Campus Recreation activity areas with a sponsoring adult:
- Turner Center basketball courts
- Turner Center racquetball/squash courts
- Turner Center track
- Turner Center Studio 305 (ages 6-15)
- Turner Center pool (parents must be in the water with children under age 6)
- South Campus Recreation Center basketball and multi-activity courts
- South Campus Recreation Center climbing tower and bouldering wall (patrons must weigh at least 50 lbs. and safely fit into a harness to use the climbing tower)
- South Campus Recreation Center track
- South Campus Recreation Center studio 208 (ages 6-15)
To better accommodate families that may want to exercise together, Studio 305 in the Turner Center and Studio 208 at the South Campus Recreation Center will be available for parents/guardians with children ages 6-15. These spaces will be outfitted with exercise equipment for agility, plyometric, and light-weight/body-weight strength training. The spaces will be accessible during facility operating hours.
Children 6 years of age or older may not use the locker room facility of the opposite gender. Family/universal locker rooms are available at both Turner Center and SCRC.
- Food and tobacco products are not allowed in activity areas.
- Water or sports drinks must be in plastic containers and are permitted in certain activity areas.
- Community, Individual, Community Family, Alumni Individual, Alumni Family, Turner Center Pool Only Individual, and Turner Center Pool Only Family members have the option to purchase a parking permit at a discounted rate of $10/month. For more information on parking, click here.
- Questions or concerns regarding parking must be brought directly to the attention of the Department of Parking and Transportation at 662-915-7235 or email@example.com.
Photography, Videography, & Other Media
- To protect the privacy of our participants, the use of photographic devices, including cell phone cameras and professional equipment, is not permitted at Campus Recreation facilities without prior permission from the Department of Campus Recreation. Permission may be requested by submitting a Media Request Form.
- Click here to submit a Media Request Form
- By submitting a Media Request Form, you understand that:
- The form MUST be completed a minimum of 1 full business day in advance to your requested day/time.
- Filling out this form does NOT guarantee approval for your request. You will be emailed regarding the status of your request.
- If approved, you MUST inform anyone who appears in the photos/videos and receive his/her verbal consent prior to photographing/videoing. Violation of this requirement may result in the requestor presenting his/her media to a Campus Recreation staff member and/or the requestor being asked to discontinue photography/videography.
- If approved, all photography/videography must be taken between the hours of 8am-2pm Monday-Friday.
- If approved, Campus Recreation should receive access to all photographs/videos taken if requested.
- Specific policies and regulations are posted at the activity areas and are to be adhered to. Verbal instructions from facility staff are for the safety and comfort of all Campus Recreation patrons and are to be strictly enforced.