TURNER CENTER ACCESS
- The Turner Center is a single entry/exit facility. Entry and exit must always be through front glass door on the north side of the building.
- Note: If an individual attempts to use an ID other than his/her own, the ID will be confiscated and sent to the Dean of Students Office. (University of Mississippi Policy Code DSA.200.001).
- Use of the Turner Center is for academic and recreational purposes only.
- Private coaching and instruction for personal gain is not permitted.
- Personal stereos are prohibited. Patrons must use personal music players.
- Appropriate workout attire must be worn when using an activity area.
- Proper athletic shoes and clothing are required.
- Shirts must be worn at all times in all activity areas (exception: natatorium).
- Denim jeans are not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- The use of bicycles, roller skates, roller blades and skate boards are prohibited in the Turner Center unless it is an approved activity.
- To use the Turner Center without a parent or adult supervision, the individual must be at least 16 years of age.
- Children under the age of 16 may use all activity areas provided he/she is accompanied by a parent or other adult, with the exception of the Fitness Center.
- Children under the age of 16 will not be permitted in the fitness center with or without parent or adult supervision.
- A parent or adult supervisor must remain in the same activity area with child(ren) who are less than 12 years of age.
- Children 6 years of age and under may use the pool, but the parent or adult supervisor must be in the water with the child.
- Children 6 years of age or older may not use the locker room facility of the opposite gender.
- Facilities may be closed and/or reservations canceled when warranted (special campus events, intramural sports, sport clubs, camps, maintenance, inclement weather and other events/factors determined by Campus Recreation).
- During official university holidays and breaks, the Turner Center may have abbreviated hours or may be closed in its entirety. There are times we may have to close the facility or an activity area with little or no advance notice.
- Food and tobacco products are not allowed in activity areas.
- Water or sports drinks must be in plastic containers and are permitted in certain activity areas.
- Turner Center memberships do not include a parking permit. For information on parking, click here.
- Questions or concerns regarding parking must be brought directly to the attention of the Department of Parking and Transportation at 662-915-7235 or email@example.com.
- Pets, other than service animals, are prohibited in the Turner Center.
- “Assistance animals” are not considered service animals, and therefore are prohibited in the Turner Center.
- Appropriate documentation must be provided if requested by a Campus Recreation employee.
- Specific policies and regulations are posted at the activity areas and are to be adhered to. Verbal instructions from facility staff are for the safety and comfort of all Turner Center patrons and are to be strictly enforced.