Department of Campus Recreation
Sunday, May 24: Turner hours 1-5pm & pool hours 2-4pm.
Monday, May 25: Turner is closed.
The track will be closed May 11th-June 1st for rail modification.
News and Events:
Campus Recreation offers programs and facilities for Ole Miss students, faculty, staff, and community members. As you explore this website, you will quickly find opportunities to engage in numerous recreational programs and services administered by the Department of Campus Recreation. Structured and unstructured, traditional and nontraditional recreational opportunities are offered throughout the school year. This web site provides much of the information you might need to get involved in one or more activities within Campus Recreation. If you have questions, please stop by Turner 214 or contact us by phone or email.
- Campus Recreation is the 2nd largest student employer on campus! TEAM CR is made up of over 175 student employees who are lifeguards, fitness instructors, personal trainers, trip leaders, challenge course facilitators, intramural officials, and facility managers. We provide students with transferable skills that will help them get, and keep, the next job.
- Intramural sports and sports clubs programs offer different levels of competition, so there’s something for every athlete. Intramural sports are held on campus and include flag football, softball, basketball, soccer, tennis, any more! Sport clubs play other universities but do not require as much time as intercollegiate sports. We have rugby, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s lacrosse, fencing, and baseball, just to name a few.
- The fitness program offers a comprehensive group fitness schedule, with over 60 classes offered each week including Zumba, cycling, Pilates, and Yoga. The fitness center offers free weights, selectorized weight machines, cardio machines, and functional training equipment for those who are into Crossfit and TRX.
- Ole Miss Outdoors leads adventure trips to amazing places, including hang gliding off Lookout Mountain, white water rafting the Ocoee River, skiing Whistler, British Columbia, backpacking the Grand Canyon, and dogsledding in Canada. Ole Miss Outdoors also offers great outdoor gear rentals including tents, sleeping bags, kayaks, canoes, and so much more. Check out the Rebel Challenge Course if you want to take a ride down the zip line or climb the tower – also, ask about the Flying Squirrel.
- The Olympic sized indoor pool offers lap swimming, competitions, and high and low dive, and hosts the Rebel Man Sprint Triathlon each spring. Can’t swim? No problem. We’ll teach you. We also have kayak water polo – you should add that to your bucket list.
- Breaking news: within the next 5 years, Ole Miss will construct and additional rec center on the south side of campus which will include more fitness space, an indoor climbing wall, a multipurpose gym, and hiking/biking trails- stay tuned for more info!